Water caltrop (Trapa bispinosa Roxb.) often called singhara in India, is an annual aquatic fruit plant found in tropical, sub-tropical and temperate zone of the world. It’s a free floating , starchy fruit grown in shallow water fields. The fruits are used for it’s intestinal astringent, anti-inflammatory properties.
Benefits Of Eating Water Caltrop/ Singhara
- It is a very good source of protein
- Contains 81.12% water, and prevents stomach and heart burns
- An excellent source of potassium, iron and manganese.
- Contains vitamins such as Vitamin B-complex (thiamine, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, nicotinic acid), vitamin-C, vitamin-A
- It works as an astringent, appetiser, anti-pyretic, constipating, diuretic, , refrigerant, nutritive and anti- diarrhoeal.