Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Serves: 3 People
- 1/2 Zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Cucumber, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Pink Onion, thinly sliced
- handful of coriander, finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilly, deseeded (optional)
- 10-15 french bean (green beans)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1/2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp juice of freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- Rice Noodles
- Filter Water
- Roasted Peanuts (optional)
- Cut all vegetables into thin and matchstick style.
- Boil 1 cup of water , add a pinch of salt and then cook the rice noodles as per instructions on the package. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Combine all the vegetables are toss lightly.
- For the dressing – Heat oil in a small pan and add the sesame seeds. Once the seeds begin to turn brown, turn the heat on low. Once 70% of the seeds look brown turn the heat off and stir slowly with a dry spoon. Let it cool slightly.
- Once cooled, add in garlic, ginger juice, soya sauce, lemon juice, chilli flakes, honey and mix well.
- Combine vegetables, noodles and add the dressing.
- The noodles will open and spread evenly, as the dressing blends in with the noodles
- Add salt and pepper, to taste
- Serve in chilled bowls, garnish with peanuts (optional)