How is COVID – 19 affecting us?
The new and on-going coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is a transmissible and respiratory virus disease caused by a newly discovered virus through droplets formed when an infected COVID positive person coughs, sneezes, or exhales or if we are near someone who has tested positive COVID-19 or by touching an infected surface and then your eyes, nose or mouth. Even though for many people COVID-19 may cause just mild disease, it can make a few people feel sick. The elderly or those with a serious health problem (for example, hypertension, heart issues, or diabetes) seem to be more defenceless.
COVID – 19 Effect – Mental and Physical
Adapting to the process of life changes, for example, dealing with the terror of getting the virus and stress over individuals near us who are principally serious, are challenges for psychological health conditions.
Social distancing and usual hand washing are the best and demonstrated strategies to decrease the risk and spread of the coronavirus disease.
How does food help during COVID – 19?
Apart from that consuming good quality nutrition food during the COVID-19 pandemic is healthful and key plans that will give suitable amounts of healthy macronutrients and necessary minerals and vitamins to the body.
Why is Magnesium an important nutrient?
Among them, Magnesium (Mg) is a nutrient that the body requires to stay healthy because it has the power to boost the ability to support positive mood naturally by growing serotonin production. It is a significant and vital mineral, considering a role in more than 300 enzymes reaction in the human body.
How does Magnesium Boost Your Immunity during COVID 19?
During COVID 19 pandemic, numerous individuals nowadays are unexpectedly lacking in magnesium which can adversely affect their potential, to support their mind-set normally by developing serotonin production. Hence, assuring that you eat a sufficient dietary source of magnesium which is essential to advancing a positive state of mind.
Benefits of Magnesium for Mental Health during COVID-19
- Magnesium is significantly found normal and effective for the treatment of depression as a control treatment. The probability that magnesium inadequacy is the reason for psychological concerns.
- It performs a significant function in maintaining a healthy brain function that transferring signals between our brain and body. It functions as the gatekeeper for the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptors, which are found on our nerve cells and aid brain improvement such as consciousness, and learning.
- Magnesium is a good aid for quality sleep Because of the combination of amino acid, glycine, glycinate as People with low magnesium usually encounter restless sleep, waking often during the night. General magnesium supplements are an invaluable source for achieving better sleep to more deep sleep.
- It may help to resist headaches and migraines problems in migraine patients. It may prevent the penetration of mind hailing, called cortical spreading depression, which delivers the visual and physical changes such as sensory that are the regular types of characteristics.
Benefits of Magnesium for Physical Health during COVID-19
- Mg aids in regulating muscle contractions such as bone loss, broken bones, and the bone disease osteoporosis as a natural calcium blocker by improving your muscle cells unwind in the wake of contracting. At the point when mg levels are low, your muscles may incur excessively and cause indications, for example, cramps or muscle illnesses and influences the activities of osteoblasts and osteoclasts.
- People with type 2 diabetes usually have low Mg levels, which may deteriorate your cells that can’t manage insulin properly, leaving blood sugar levels high. Magnesium aids in regulating the insulin level and transfer sugar out of the blood and into the cells for storage to Control blood sugar level in Type 2 Diabetes patients.
- Magnesium promotes Lower Blood Pressure in people with high blood pressure by functioning as a calcium channel blocker although it had no influence on those with normal levels.
- Magnesium empowers your heart to muscle cells hold by countering calcium, which stimulates contractions. These minerals fight with one another to ensure heart cells contract and unwind properly for maintaining a normal heartbeat.
- Magnesium is a good aid for improved digestion and eases constipation because it brings water into the digestive organs, filling in as an osmotic laxative. This expansion in water stimulates inside motility. It additionally mellows and expands the size of the stool, setting off a solid discharge and assisting with making stools simpler to pass.
What is Indian Recommended Daily Allowance of Magnesium
|Age||RDA of Magnesium (Mg) Per Milligrams(mg)|
|31 years and older||420||320||360|
Learn about the best food sources of Magnesium and how you can incorporate them into your diet daily.
To read more articles on health and nutrition, visit our archives here.