Health Benefits of Persimmons – It is a fruit grown in warm climate and is a great source of many nutrients. In Latin it is referred to as the ‘food for the gods’.
The top 5 health benefits
- A good source of Vitamin C – essential for fighting free radicals and enhancing immunity of the body.
- A good source of fibre which helps keep the body’s digestion regulated.
- It is low in calories and fats and contains a variety of phytonutrients.
- Great source of Vitamin A – 55% of daily allowance – which is essential for maintaining healthy vision, neurological function, healthy skin and naturally slowing ageing.
- Persimmon leaves exhibit strong anti cancer properties.